Friday, October 9, 2009

7 Months later

Wow, so I read my last blog and realized first how long it'd been since I've written and with that, how much has changed....

Spring and summer have come and gone, we are now in fall. In the last 7 months not too much has changed, just riding the ride of life. This past summer I went to New Orleans all by myself on a missions trip, not with a church! It was one of the most adventurous things I've ever done, and don't regret it at all. The trip helped me grow as an individual, meet amazing people, and make new lifelong friend. Even though I didn't grow much in my relationship with Christ, I did have to put my trust in Him throughout the process of planning of the trip and while on the actual trip. After going on the trip, I am excited to go on more trips and adventures, either by myself or with a group. I used to always want to go on trips, but too scared and nervous to do it alone. I have now proven to myself I am fully capable of doing things solo.

Even though I didn't work at all this summer, I had a blast going through 13 states with my best friend and visiting her in GA. As I've said before, I love to travel, and the two trips to GA met my desire! I also went to Disneyland with one of my favorite families and my nephew. It gave me a new appreciation of parenting as we had 3 kids under five, even with 5 adults. :) But I had a blast! Disneyland is seriously the Happiest Place on Earth.

At the end of summer, after studying all summer long-including on my 3000 mile trip in a truck riding middle seat- across county, and studying old school- reading three textbooks front to back, I took my ACSM Personal Training exam. I was so nervous for it, but my hard work paid off once again, and I passed! It's one of the top certified organizations, so a great credential to have. My goal is to personal train while teaching, and maybe one day open my own gym.

This brings me to what I'm up to now.... I am now in my last year of college-surreal!!! I have decided to drop my Psych minor in order to get outta here in May, with the addition of 3 summer classes. I just am so ready to get out of college and start teaching. Even though I know I'll miss it once I'm gone, I miss the West Side of WA soooo much! And I'm also done with the whole college scene-the drinking, partying, immaturity, and drama. I know all of this will be an ongoing encounter throughout my life, but it's hard to avoid when it's all you're surrounded by in college.

I can't wait to get home and start student teaching! I hear from my friends I'll love it, at least they are. I know I'll love it as that's where my passion is. After student teaching, I plan to continue my education by taking evening classes-either to finish my psych minor, or work on some other endorsement. I also have another plan/adventure/goal, I want to accomplish the spring after student teaching, but I need to run it by the parents before posting it online! But I'll try to keep this updated more. :)

I ran across a quote lately, "Never get to a place in your walk where you're satisfied and don't make the effort to become stronger in it. There's always another level for you to reach to!" This quote is applicable to everyone, and for someone who is always driven and goal oriented, it is a great motto for me to live by! Another quote I have up in my apartment is, "chase your dreams", a simple saying, yet can mean so much. For me, it reminds me why I need to continue to work my butt off here at school, and why I work so hard. It is so that I can someday teach students how to stay healthy and active for life-emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.

My goal in life is to simply make a difference! Even though I know I want to teach, who knows if that's what I'll do for the 40 years of my professional life. I also want to own my own gym, work with youth in a church-which I want to do starting in fall when I go home!!!, and travel.

Well that's a lil update with me, just felt like writing. Hopefully I'll remember to log in soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is mom...I need more information ! Can't leave me hanging like that! Love you always.