Saturday, November 22, 2008

Apple Cup 2008


Like all Apple Cups, and all WSU games this year, I could not confidently say, "We're going to win!" The weather was decent, 40 degrees, sun off and on, no rain. It got chilly, but bareable. The game was intense. Always is against UW. Unfortunately UW made the first TD in the second quarter along with a field goal. We went into half time down 10-0. I didn't lose faith, but was worried. We came out 3rd quarter and made a TD, the crowd exploded! Fourth quarter we tie up the game with 2 seconds to go with a field goal. The last two min of the official game time were intense, everyone screaming to hurry up and make plays to get down the field. Well Cougs got to work to tie it up. Then we had the ball first in overtime and made a field goald. UW got the ball and made a field goal as well. This goes into the 2nd overtime, we're defense first. No score from UW. It was still intense, cause we still had to score to win! Luckily, we pulled through and made a field goal. The stadium errupted!!! Everyone screaming, jumping and going crazy. After about a 30 sec of jumping and screaming I yelled at my friend "Let's go rush the field!" So we grabbed our stuff and ran down with the pack. As soon as I was running down the stairs I lost Liz, but saw a friend of a friend and grabbed her so I at least knew someone to run down with me. We got to the bottom row, where we had to jump over the rail. It's kinda far, well for me who's short, so I climbed over the rail, then jumped. And once I was down I ran onto the field, and lost my friend again. So here I was on the field with no one I knew, just other Cougs, celebrating our win! It was so fun. I could feel the famous Cougar Pride, it's definetely a great feeling.




Even if we don't win any other game than Portland State, we at least beat the Damn Huskies!!!

We have a long road ahead of us to improve from this year, but hopefully we can produce more next year. Either way, I still love the game but ready for some great Cougar Basketball. Go Cougs!

No comments: